This year, I’m not making any New Year’s Resolutions. I’m D-O-N-E with that activity – and moving on to a much more rewarding one! Wanna’ join me? Great! Let’s get started…
First on my agenda is to make some serious headway on all my PIPs. (That’s shorthand for “Projects in Progress”.) And the best way to do that is to “Kon-Mari” them. What the heck does that mean? Let me explain…
1. Pull out all your PIPs. Yep…this may take a little while, but it’ll definitely be worth it. Trust me on this one. 😉
2. Take each project out of the bag, box, closet, etc. and hold it in your hands. Look at it carefully. Does it bring you joy? If it does, put it in one pile. If it doesn’t, put it in a second pile.
3. Now, all those projects that bring you joy (i.e., you still want to stitch them) – divide them into 3 smaller piles.
4. Next, take the projects in Pile A and prioritize them. What does that mean? Well, looking at each of them, decide which order you want to stitch them in. Once you’ve decided, make a list and put it with the projects in that pile.
5. Then, take the projects in Pile B and, looking at each of them carefully, ask yourself the following questions:
Jot the answer to each question on a sheet of paper and put that sheet with the corresponding project. (Do this for each project.)
If you’re truly stumped about what to do to get back on track, that’s perfectly okay. Don’t fret about it…just acknowledge it and move on to the next project, until you’ve worked your way through all of the projects in Pile B.
6. Finally, take the projects in Pile C and pack them away in a storage bin or drawer. They’ll be safe and sound – just waiting for you to come back to them later. 🙂
It’s OK to admit that you have some canvases (or yarns) in your stash that you just don’t like anymore. (Everybody does!) There’s bound to be somebody somewhere who would absolutely L-O-V-E to have them, though.
In fact, here are some ideas to help you find ’em new homes…
And now, my friend, you’ve completed the first step toward a happier and more productive 2018. Be sure and visit me again here next week for the next Challenge and share your progress on the Serendipity Needleworks Facebook page or in the comments box below.
Until next time, happy stitching!
Would you like to be able to pick up any needlepoint canvas
and run with it?
You know - choose your own stitches and threads and have your project turn out just like you imagined...
Well, I can help! I'll write to you each week with my latest tutorials, tips, and tools to help you develop your needlework skills + I'll send you my
FREE Quick Start Needlepoint Guide.
Just enter your best email address below now and I'll see you on the other side.
©2018. Serendipity Needleworks. All rights reserved.